Amazing Class of the Week!
School of the Week Teacher: Cathie Simpson and Ms. Jackson
Grade: JK to Grade 6
School: Orono Public School
School Board: Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board
1. What is the biggest impact/change you saw in your class?
- More awareness to the environment and conservation
- Individual challenge to do their best
- Excitement to share with class, principal and guests
- Working as a team and encouraging each other to do their best
- The variety of projects-very unique to specific individuals
- Eager to see what others have done
- Involving their families ie. Mom,Dad, Sister and Brothers
This project was his best work independently— Cathie Simpson, teacher
2. What is the biggest impact/change in one of your students and please share an example of one student’s project:
- This project was his best work independently
- High interest
- Completed on time
- Couldn’t wait to present (very excited) to class and he is usually shy
- Volunteered answers
- Instilled confidence in him
3. Please tell us about an example of one project that made you go WOW!
- Took nobody to an animal shelter and walked the dogs and cared for the other animals
- She educated the children on the shelter
- Beautifully written
- Lots of pictures to share with class with Nobody at the shelter
- Rest of class was engaged and curious
Who Is NOBODY? was also highlighted in Education Journal 'Professionally Speaking' Magazine, that goes to every educator in Ontario! Click here to view and here to see the magazine edition!
To view the article in French, highlighting a class who participated in Qui est PERSONNE?, please click here.
Have you or your child participated in Who Is NOBODY? What project did he or she do? Please leave a sentence in the comment section below or upload a photo here to inspire others!
Leave A Comment